Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers engaged in drilling for oil or gas, operating service rigs, or providing oil and gas well services. They are employed by drilling and well service contractors and by petroleum producing companies.
fracturing supervisor, multi-service operator, rig manager, toolpusher, well services crew supervisor.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who drill for oil and gas, operate service rigs or provide oil and gas well services
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Nova Scotia.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||2011-06-21|
|Cape Breton Region||2011-05-16|
|North Shore Region||2011-06-21|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Feb 18 – Feb 22, 2013
- Shell Canada Ltd. will open an office in Halifax in February and plans to expand the offshore exploration program due to start in the spring
- Pieridae Energy Canada Ltd., who are proposing a LNG export facility for Guysborough County, have opened an office in Halifax
Week of Feb 11 – Feb 15, 2013
- With construction nearly complete, the Deep Panuke offshore natural gas project is expected to begin production in the next six months
Week of Jan 14 – Jan 18, 2013
- The number of job losses at Windsor Salt in Pugwash will now exceed 50, according to the union. The fine salt operation will close, leaving only the mining of rock salt.
Week of Dec 17 – Dec 21, 2012
- Date Modified: