Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers engaged in drilling for oil or gas, operating service rigs, or providing oil and gas well services. They are employed by drilling and well service contractors and by petroleum producing companies.
fracturing supervisor, multi-service operator, rig manager, toolpusher, well services crew supervisor.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who drill for oil and gas, operate service rigs or provide oil and gas well services
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Nova Scotia.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2011-06-21|
|Cape Breton Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2011-05-16|
|Halifax Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2011-06-03|
|North Shore Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2011-06-21|
|Southern Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2011-06-09|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- October 2013 | (PDF, 547 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 240 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 447 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 515 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 436 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 446 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 317 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 234 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 436 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 294 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 414 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Glencore Xstrata Pie, owner of the Donkin coal mine in Cape Breton, is boarding up and pulling its equipment from the idle site and is laying off nine contract workers. The mine has coal reserves, but it does not fit with the company¿s plans, and a buyer is being sought.
- Ressources Appalaches Ltd. has received about 780 applications for the remaining 50 jobs it will fill at the Dufferin gold mine. There are currently about 20 workers at the site working on development, and the company hopes to be in full production in about eight months.
- Selwyn Resources has decided not to reopen the Gays River lead and zinc mine at this time due to uncertainty around prices. The mine has been shut down for some years, and the company had originally hoped to reopen it by 2012 or 2013.
- Date Modified: