Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Insulators apply insulation materials to plumbing, air-handling, heating, cooling and refrigeration systems, piping equipment and pressure vessels, and walls, floors and ceilings of buildings and other structures, to prevent or reduce the passage of heat, cold, sound or fire. They are employed by construction companies and insulation contractors, or they may be self-employed.
boiler and pipe insulator, building insulator, firestopping insulator, heat and frost insulator, insulation applicator, insulation mechanic, insulator, insulator apprentice, sound insulator.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements and select type of insulation required
- Measure and cut insulating material to required dimensions using hand and power tools
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between studs and joists
- Install vapour barriers
- Apply waterproofing cement over insulating materials to finish surfaces
- Remove asbestos or urea-formaldehyde insulation from buildings when required.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Wages for Insulators in Cape Breton Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Cape Breton Region||19.00||30.09||40.69|
- Date Modified: