Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Blacksmiths forge a variety of metal items, such as tools, chains, wrought iron fixtures, agricultural implements and structural components. Die setters set up forging machines, such as forging presses, drop hammers, forging rolls and upsetters. They are employed primarily by fabricated metal products, machinery and transportation equipment manufacturing companies.
- Heat metal items in forge
- Hammer, punch, cut or otherwise form metal workpieces into desired shapes and sizes
- Forge special tools from metal or devise special jigs or fixtures
- Temper, harden or anneal forged items
- Shape metal using power forging machinery.
- Select dies for forging according to work order and specifications
- Position, align and bolt dies to ram and anvil of power presses and hammers
- Check initial operation of forging machine to ensure that machine is set up properly for use by forging machine operators.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Wages for Blacksmiths and Die Setters in Cape Breton Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: