There are 46 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who assist elementary and secondary school teachers and counsellors. They are employed in public and private elementary and secondary schools, special schools and treatment centres.
educational assistant, educational resources assistant, lunch room supervisor, program assistant, education, secondary school teacher's assistant, special education assistant, staff assistant, education, teacher's aide, teacher's assistant.
- Assist students with lessons under direct supervision of classroom teacher
- Monitor and report to classroom teacher on student progress
- Assist in preparation of learning materials and environment
- Accompany and supervise students during activities in school gymnasiums, laboratories, libraries, resource centres and on field trips
- Assist special needs students, such as those with mental or physical disabilities, with mobility, communication and personal hygiene
- Prepare classroom displays and bulletin boards
- Operate or assist teacher in operation of projectors, tape recorders and other audio-visual equipment and office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine and computer
- Carry out behaviour modification, personal development and other therapeutic programs under supervision of professionals such as special education instructors, psychologists or speech-language pathologists
- Work with special needs students using techniques such as sign language, Bliss symbols or Braille
- Monitor students during recess, at noon hour or during the day
- May assist with marking of tests and worksheets
- Assist with classroom inventory
- Assist in school library or office and perform other duties assigned by school principal.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Jobs for Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Assistants in Cape Breton Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting 2,800 Regular Force, and 5,400 part-time Reserve Force members for a wide range of careers across Canada.
The mission of the Canadian Forces is to protect Canada, defend North America in co operation with the U.S., and contribute to international peace and security. On any given day, about 8,000 Canadian Forces members - one third of our deployable force - are preparing for, engaged in or returning from an overseas mission. At home, Canadian Forces can bring the best available military resources from across Canada to bear on a crisis or threat, wherever it occurs, nation-wide.
To learn about the requirements and application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: