Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Bartenders mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, bars, taverns, private clubs, banquet halls and other licensed establishments. Supervisors of bartenders are included in this unit group.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
- Mix liquor, soft drinks, water and other ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- Prepare mixed drinks, wine, draft or bottled beer and non-alcoholic beverages for food and beverage servers or serve directly to patrons
- Collect payment for beverages and record sales
- Maintain inventory and control of bar stock and order supplies
- Clean bar area and wash glassware
- Ensure compliance with provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- May train and supervise other bartenders and bar staff
- May hire and dismiss staff.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Outlook & Prospects for Bartenders in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Nova Scotia.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||2012-01-25|
|Cape Breton Region||2011-10-06|
|North Shore Region||2011-06-15|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Pictou Lodge is expected to reopen in late May 2013 under new ownership. The seasonal hotel, which had employed about 60 workers, had gone into receivership over the winter.
- The Lobster Bar, a restaurant, will open in Pictou in June 2013
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Pogue Fado, a pub located on Barrington Street in Halifax, has closed, putting 80 people out of work
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Ocean Optometry and Moksha Yoga have recently opened locations in the area, while the Cellar Bar & Grill and the Gracious Indian takeout will close
- The OldTriangle Irish Alehouse, based in Halifax, plans to open a location in Sydney and train up to 50 workers
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Date Modified: