Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail salespersons and sales clerks sell, rent or lease a range of technical and non-technical goods and services directly to consumers. They are employed by stores and other retail businesses, as well as wholesale businesses that sell on a retail basis to the public.
audio equipment salesperson, automobile salesperson, car rental agent, clothing salesperson, computer salesperson – retail, counter clerk – retail, department store clerk, furniture salesperson, hardware store clerk, jewellery salesperson, retail sales associate, retail sales clerk, retail salesperson.
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease
- Advise customers on use and care of merchandise, and provide advice concerning specialized products or services
- Estimate or quote prices, credit terms, trade-in allowances, warranties and delivery dates
- Prepare merchandise for purchase, rental or lease
- Prepare sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment
- Assist in display of merchandise
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
- May conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce.
Retail salespersons may specialize and act as consultants in interior decorating, home entertainment systems, computers and other products and services.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Jobs for Retail Salespersons and Sales Clerks in Cape Breton Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 6 job postings in Cape Breton Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-11-29||Sales associate - retail (COSMOPROF STORES)||Beauty Systems Group (Canada) Inc.||
|2013-11-29||Fabric salesperson - retail||Fabricville||
|2013-11-28||Video rental clerk||Sydney Video Ashby||
|2013-11-22||Retail sales representative (Mobile Advisor)||The Mobile Shop||
|2013-11-12||Sales associate||Motion Communications||
|2013-11-10||Retail sales associate (cellular phones,satellite tv)||The Home Doctor||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: