Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Executive housekeepers direct and control the operations of housekeeping departments within hotels, hospitals and other establishments.
assistant executive housekeeper, executive housekeeper, hospital executive housekeeper, hotel executive housekeeper, housekeeping director, housekeeping manager.
- Establish and implement operational procedures for the housekeeping department
- Plan and co-ordinate the activities of housekeeping supervisors and their crews
- Co-ordinate the inspection of assigned areas to ensure that health regulations, safety standards and departmental policies are being met
- Select and purchase equipment and supplies, and maintain inventory
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery
- Hire, train and supervise housekeeping staff
- Maintain financial records and prepare budgets, payroll and employee schedules.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Cape Breton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-10-06|
Currently the chances of qualified Executive Housekeepers finding employment are considered to be fair in the local area. Executive housekeepers are usually employed by hospitals and larger accommodation facilities. Some positions are seasonal in the accommodation industry.
In addition to employment opportunities locally, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Executive Housekeepers in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Executive Housekeepers (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 10 - Feb 14, 2014
- The Cape Breton Cancer Centre is experiencing a serious doctor shortage, according to senior officials there. The centre is short two oncologists, and a hematology vacancy remains unfilled.
- Nexans S.A., a France-based international subsea cable specialist company, has won a $260M contract to install the electrical link between Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador, as part of the Maritime Link project. The cable will be installed in 2017, after most of the other work on the Cape Breton side of the project is finished.
- Edwardsville-based East Coast Metal Fabrication will hire eight students from a customized apprenticeship program at the Nova Scotia Community College, to address a shortage of metal fabricators. The hiring comes about as a result of an agreement between the company and First Nations business enterprise Memski Projects Inc.
- Land will begin to be cleared in Cape Breton in 2014 for the Maritime Link power project. A transmission corridor 45 kilometres in length from where the subsea cable will land from Newfoundland, and a grounding station at the end of the corridor will be built. About 250 to 300 people will be employed during peak construction over the three-year project.
- Allegro Grill and Deli, a Sydney restaurant, has closed due to a business slowdown and increased operating costs. The business opened in 2007, and employed 13 full- and part-time employees.
- In addition to a Fisheries and Oceans Canada $5M wharf expansion project in Cheticamp, a private sector $5M project, Marina Cheticamp Marina, is also underway in the area. That project will include a boat lift and fully serviced marina.
- Dartmouth-based Lindsay Construction will begin work in the spring of 2014 at the Truro Power Centre on a $13M, 94-room hotel, which will include a retail and entertainment centre, restaurant, swimming pool, fitness centre, and meeting centre. The hotel is a partnership between Millbrook First Nation and Florida-based Driftwood Hospitality Management, and will open in 2015.
- A Subway sandwich store has opened in Eskasoni. The business, in the Foodland grocery store, is expected to eventually employ 12 to 15 workers.
- Date Modified: