Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Executive housekeepers direct and control the operations of housekeeping departments within hotels, hospitals and other establishments.
assistant executive housekeeper, executive housekeeper, hospital executive housekeeper, hotel executive housekeeper, housekeeping director, housekeeping manager.
- Establish and implement operational procedures for the housekeeping department
- Plan and co-ordinate the activities of housekeeping supervisors and their crews
- Co-ordinate the inspection of assigned areas to ensure that health regulations, safety standards and departmental policies are being met
- Select and purchase equipment and supplies, and maintain inventory
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery
- Hire, train and supervise housekeeping staff
- Maintain financial records and prepare budgets, payroll and employee schedules.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Cape Breton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-10-06|
Currently the chances of qualified Executive Housekeepers finding employment are considered to be fair in the local area. Executive housekeepers are usually employed by hospitals and larger accommodation facilities. Some positions are seasonal in the accommodation industry.
In addition to employment opportunities locally, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Executive Housekeepers in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Executive Housekeepers (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Glencore Xstrata Pie, owner of the Donkin coal mine in Cape Breton, is boarding up and pulling its equipment from the idle site and is laying off nine contract workers. The mine has coal reserves, but it does not fit with the company¿s plans, and a buyer is being sought.
- Premium Seafoods will rebuild the Arichat fish plant, which burnt down in August and employed 55 to 70 people seasonally. The company will also open its new shrimp processing plant in Petit de Grat in December, employing 30 workers.
- Nova Scotia Power¿s biomass fuel plant in Point Tupper has officially opened, creating 32 full-time jobs. In addition, 200 people will be indirectly employed in procurement, tree harvesting, and trucking.
- Premium Seafoods Ltd. of Arichat, which had its seafood processing plant destroyed by fire in August, has received approval to have a foreign ship catch its redfish quota. Processing will take place on the ship, but the company will try to place some of the 70 displaced workers aboard the vessel. Local workers will also unload the fish upon arrival in Arichat.
- Date Modified: