Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Industrial and manufacturing engineers conduct studies, and develop and supervise programs to achieve the best use of equipment, human resources, technology, materials and procedures to enhance efficiency and productivity. Industrial and manufacturing engineers are employed in consulting firms, manufacturing and processing companies, in government, financial, health care and other institutions, or they may be self-employed.
engineer, computer integrated manufacturing (CIM), fire prevention engineer, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, plant engineer, production engineer, quality control engineer, safety engineer, work measurement engineer.
- Plan and design plant layouts and facilities
- Study new machinery and facilities and recommend or select efficient combinations
- Develop flexible or integrated manufacturing systems and procedures
- Conduct studies and implement programs to determine optimum inventory levels for production and to allow optimum utilization of machinery, materials and resources
- Analyze costs of production
- Design, develop and conduct time studies and work simplification programs
- Determine human resource and skill requirements and develop training programs
- Develop performance standards, evaluation systems and wage and incentive programs
- Conduct studies of the reliability and performance of plant facilities and production or administrative systems
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs
- Establish programs and conduct studies to enhance industrial health and safety or to identify and correct fire and other hazards
- Evaluate or assess industrial facilities
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff and other engineers.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Wages for Industrial and Manufacturing Engineers in Cape Breton Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: