Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Accommodation service managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an accommodation establishment or of a department within such an establishment. They are employed by hotels, motels, resorts, student residences and other accommodation establishments, or they may be self-employed.
assistant manager, hotel, bed and breakfast operator, front desk manager, guest-house operator, hotel director, hotel manager, motel manager, reservations manager, seasonal resort manager, ski resort manager, tourist home operator.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the operation of the department or establishment
- Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Participate in the development of pricing and promotional strategies
- Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
- Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities for conventions, banquets, receptions and other functions
- Recruit and supervise staff, oversee training and set work schedules
- Resolve customer complaints.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Outlook & Prospects for Accommodation Service Managers in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Cape Breton Region||2012-05-25|
Currently the chances of qualified Accommodation Service Managers finding employment are considered to be fair in the local area. Seasonal influences in this occupation exist, especially in rural areas during the summer months. The region is known as a popular destination for tourists in the summer months which generates employment at accommodation facilities across the island. In recent years, the strength of the dollar against U.S. currency has had some effect on the number of American visitors travelling to the region. In smaller establishments, managers are often owner operators, and may perform other duties as required, such as front desk work.
In addition to employment opportunities locally, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Accommodation Service Managers in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Accommodation Service Managers (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The OldTriangle Irish Alehouse, based in Halifax, plans to open a location in Sydney and train up to 50 workers
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- Cabot Links is renovating a former Inverness pub, which closed last fall, with plans to open a new pub-style restaurant this summer
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- The nightclub formerly known as Smooth Herman’s will reopen in Sydney under new ownership, although the date and new name are currently unknown
- Date Modified: