Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior managers in this unit group are usually appointed by a board of directors, to which they report. Working either alone or in conjunction with the board of directors, they develop and establish objectives for the company and develop or approve policies and programs. They plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, the operations of their organization in relation to established objectives.
bank president, chief executive officer (CEO) – telephone company, chief financial officer (CFO) – advertising agency, chief operating officer – engineering firm, executive director, credit union, executive vice-president, real estate agency, general manager, real estate management company, president and chief executive officer, president, advertising agency, president, computing service company, regional vice-president, trust company, vice-president, human resources – bank, vice-president, marketing – clerical staff services, vice-president, operations – satellite communication services.
- Determine the company's mission and strategic direction as conveyed through policies and concrete objectives which are met through the effective management of human, financial and material resources
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall human resources planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff; delegate the necessary authority to them and create optimum working conditions
- Represent the organization or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing or human resources or in a particular service area.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Financial, Communications and Other Business Services in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Cape Breton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-05-10|
Currently the chances of qualified Senior Managers in Financial, Communications and Other Business Services finding employment are considered to be fair in the local area. Senior managers are experienced and highly trained and are often promoted from within an organization. Information and technology management skills are often necessary in addition to being qualified in finance and accounting to ensure success in the labour market. Those in this occupational group also have strong leadership skills. Opportunities often come as a result of retirement of senior managers. Most senior corporate positions are based in company headquarters, which are usually located outside of the Cape Breton region.
In addition to employment opportunities locally, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Senior Managers in Financial, Communications and Other Business Services in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Senior Managers in Financial, Communications and Other Business Services (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 18 - Feb 22, 2013
- Call centre Stream Global Services of Glace Bay is recruiting and looking to add 50 positions to its staff of about 800 personnel
- Date Modified: