Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group assist machine operators, transport materials and perform similar tasks. They are employed by rubber and plastic products manufacturing companies.
belt builder helper, labourer – plastic products manufacturing, labourer – rubber products manufacturing, machine offbearer – rubber products manufacturing, mould cleaner – rubber products manufacturing, moulded products stripper – rubber and plastic products manufacturing, roll changer – rubber manufacturing, spreader operator helper – plastic products manufacturing.
- Assist machine operators or assemblers in performing their duties
- Assist in setting up and dismantling machinery and equipment
- Clean and lubricate machinery and equipment
- Transport materials and tools to and from work areas using hand trucks or other conveyance
- Prepare raw materials for mixing process
- Monitor machines to watch for jammed materials or defective products.
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Currently the chances of Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing finding employment are limited because only a small number of people in this occupation are employed in the local area.
Although employment opportunities locally are limited, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Flight-simulation developer Atlantis Systems Corp., which employs 73 people in Dartmouth, will work with Calian Technologies Ltd. as part of a two-year technician training project for the Defence Department beginning in 2013
- Pogue Fado, a pub located on Barrington Street in Halifax, has closed, putting 80 people out of work
- Taz Records will open its second location in the Halifax metro area in June 2013 with a store on the Bedford Highway
- The Avalon Sexual Assault Centre in Halifax will get a boost in emergency funding from government which could result in additional hires
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Ocean Optometry and Moksha Yoga have recently opened locations in the area, while the Cellar Bar & Grill and the Gracious Indian takeout will close
- Armco Capital Inc. expects to begin work on a subdivision near McCabe Lake in Middle Sackville in May 2013
- Thermo Dynamics, a Dartmouth-based manufacturer of solar heating hardware, expects to hire around 10 new employees over the next two years. The company will install systems in homes as part of a pilot project run by city council.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Bird Construction continues work on the Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn hotel project in Halifax. The two hotels will employ about 120 people when completed in April 2014.
- The Stubborn Goat Gastropub will open in July on Grafton Street in Halifax
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Burrito Jax will open four new locations in the Halifax area in the spring of 2013. The burrito restaurant already has two locations in the area.
- The New Palace Cabaret in downtown Halifax has closed. The owners plan on opening some sort of new business in the space once renovated.
- Date Modified: