Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Process control and machine operators in this unit group operate multi-function process control machinery or single-function machines to process and package food and beverage products. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, meat plants, breweries and other food and beverage processing establishments.
bakery machine operator – food and beverage processing, bottling machine operator, brewer, canning machine operator, chocolate refiner, control room operator – food and beverage processing, fermenter operator, freezer operator, fryer operator, meat grinder, mixer operator, dry foods, pasteurizer operator, sugar boiler.
- Operate multi-function process control machinery through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems to grind, extract, mix, blend, cook or otherwise process food products and to bag, box or otherwise package food products
- Operate multi-function process control machinery to grind, extract, mix, blend, distill, ferment or otherwise process alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages and to bottle, can or otherwise package beverages
- Observe gauges, computer printouts and video monitors to verify specified processing conditions and make adjustments to process variables such as cooking times, ingredient inputs, flow rates and temperature settings
- Maintain shift log of production and other data.
- Set up and adjust processing and packaging machines preparatory to operation
- Operate single-function machines to grind, extract, mix, blend, freeze, cook or otherwise process food or beverage products and to box, can or otherwise package food or beverage products
- Check products for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as necessary
- Record production information such as quantity, weight, size, date and type of products packaged.
Wages for Process Control and Machine Operators, Food and Beverage Processing in Halifax Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Halifax Region||10.15||15.90||22.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: