Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Workers in this unit group operate single-function machines or machinery that is part of a larger production process to process mineral ore and metal products. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries and cement processing plants.
aluminum classifier, asbestos dryer, billet heater, brick and tile crusher operator, cement miller, extrusion press operator, foil-winding machine operator, furnace charger, ladle pourer, lead refiner, lime kiln operator, mica sheet laminator, quenching car operator, scrap metal shredder, sintering machine operator, slurry equipment operator, steel roller, uranium classifier operator, zinc cell operator.
- Set up, prepare and adjust mineral ore, metal and cement processing machinery to carry out one step in the overall mineral ore or metal processing operation
- Operate single-function machinery to grind, separate, filter, mix, treat, cast, roll, refine or otherwise process mineral ores
- Observe gauges, meters, computer printouts, video monitors and products to ensure correct operation of machine and verify specified processing conditions
- Make adjustments to machinery as required
- Record production information and complete reports
- May assist with machinery maintenance or repair.
Jobs for Machine Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing in Halifax Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Halifax Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: