Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing, operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of mineral ores, metals or cement. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries and cement processing plants.
blast furnace operator, central control caster, central control room operator, chief flotation operator, console operator – cement manufacturing, pelletizing control operator, roaster operator, rolling mill control operator.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the operation of a particular aspect of mineral ore, metal and cement processing production through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems, usually from a central control room
- Operate multi-function central process control machinery to grind, separate, filter, melt, roast, treat, refine or otherwise process mineral ores
- Observe computer printouts, video monitors and gauges to verify specified processing conditions and to make necessary adjustments
- Co-ordinate and supervise production crew such as machine and process operators, tenders, assistants and helpers
- Start up and shut down the production system in cases of emergency or as required by schedule
- Provide or organize training for members of production crew
- Maintain shift log of production and other data and prepare production and other reports.
Jobs for Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing in Halifax Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Halifax Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: