Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Correctional service officers guard prisoners and detainees and maintain order in correctional institutions and other places of detention. They are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments.
correctional facility guard, correctional service officer, detention attendant, prison guard, supervisor, correctional officers.
- Observe conduct and behaviour of prisoners to prevent disturbances and escapes
- Supervise prisoners during work assignments, meals and recreation periods
- Patrol assigned area and report any problems to supervisor
- Observe behaviour of prisoners and prepare reports
- Escort prisoners in transit and during temporary leaves
- Prepare admission, program, release, transfer and other reports
- May supervise and co-ordinate work of other correctional service officers.
Jobs for Correctional Service Officers in Halifax Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Halifax Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: