Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Executive housekeepers direct and control the operations of housekeeping departments within hotels, hospitals and other establishments.
assistant executive housekeeper, executive housekeeper, hospital executive housekeeper, hotel executive housekeeper, housekeeping director, housekeeping manager.
- Establish and implement operational procedures for the housekeeping department
- Plan and co-ordinate the activities of housekeeping supervisors and their crews
- Co-ordinate the inspection of assigned areas to ensure that health regulations, safety standards and departmental policies are being met
- Select and purchase equipment and supplies, and maintain inventory
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery
- Hire, train and supervise housekeeping staff
- Maintain financial records and prepare budgets, payroll and employee schedules.
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Currently the chances of qualified Executive Housekeepers finding employment are considered to be fair in the local area. Executive housekeepers are usually employed by hospitals and larger accommodation facilities. Some positions are seasonal.
Employers will typically require at least two years of housekeeping supervisory experience.
In addition to employment opportunities locally, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Executive Housekeepers in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Executive Housekeepers (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The province’s biotech industry has taken over the Halifax-based medical research lab previously operated by the National Research Council to save it from closure. The lab employs 13 people.
- Golden Goal Soccer Supplies opened in May in Burnside Park in Dartmouth
- The ALT Hotel Halifax Stanfield will open near the airport in June 2013 and is looking to fill 30-35 positions
- Conifer Fund Services, a San Francisco-based hedge fund company, will open an office within months in Halifax and could hire up to 120 workers over time. The company is attracted to the educated labour force in the area.
- Fairlanes Bowling will close its alley in the Halifax Shopping Centre at the end of June 2013. Twenty workers, including 3 fulltime employees, will be affected.
- Ressources Appalaches, a Quebec-based mining company, has secured funding and hopes to begin recruiting 50 to 60 people in the next month to restart operations at the Dufferin gold mine near Sheet Harbour
- Atlantic Gold hopes to begin production at the proposed gold mine in Moose River by the middle of 2015, although there are still hurdles to overcome
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Flight-simulation developer Atlantis Systems Corp., which employs 73 people in Dartmouth, will work with Calian Technologies Ltd. as part of a two-year technician training project for the Defence Department beginning in 2013
- Pogue Fado, a pub located on Barrington Street in Halifax, has closed, putting 80 people out of work
- Taz Records will open its second location in the Halifax metro area in June 2013 with a store on the Bedford Highway
- The Avalon Sexual Assault Centre in Halifax will get a boost in emergency funding from government which could result in additional hires
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Ocean Optometry and Moksha Yoga have recently opened locations in the area, while the Cellar Bar & Grill and the Gracious Indian takeout will close
- Armco Capital Inc. expects to begin work on a subdivision near McCabe Lake in Middle Sackville in May 2013
- Thermo Dynamics, a Dartmouth-based manufacturer of solar heating hardware, expects to hire around 10 new employees over the next two years. The company will install systems in homes as part of a pilot project run by city council.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Bird Construction continues work on the Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn hotel project in Halifax. The two hotels will employ about 120 people when completed in April 2014.
- The Stubborn Goat Gastropub will open in July on Grafton Street in Halifax
- Date Modified: