Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Engineer officers, water transport, operate and maintain main engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment aboard ships and other self-propelled vessels and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of engine room crews. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments including the armed forces.
chief engineer – water transport, engineer officer – water transport, fourth engineer, marine engineer officer, marine engineer officer – military, second engineer, third engineer, tugboat engineer.
- Operate main engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment aboard ships, such as boilers, steering and deck machinery, motors, pumps, generators and condensers
- Stand engine room watch, monitoring and noting performance of engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Inspect and conduct maintenance and emergency repair to engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of engine room crew
- Maintain records and prepare reports on engine performance and failures.
Wages for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Halifax Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Halifax Region||22.78||29.06||48.71||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: