Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Accounting and related clerks calculate, prepare and process bills, invoices, accounts payable and receivable, budgets and other financial records according to established procedures. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
accounting clerk, accounts payable clerk, accounts receivable clerk, audit clerk, billing clerk, budget clerk, costing clerk, deposit clerk, finance clerk, freight-rate clerk, income tax return preparer, invoice clerk, ledger clerk, tax clerk.
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements in a ledger or computer system
- Compile budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets
- Prepare period or cost statements or reports
- Calculate costs of materials, overhead and other expenses based on estimates, quotations, and price lists
- Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
- Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
Jobs for Accounting and Related Clerks in Halifax Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 4 job postings in Halifax Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-16||Accounting clerk (Summer Student)||Northwoodcare Incorporated||
|2013-05-13||Accounting assistant (Management Trainee (Mandarin speaking preferred))||FFCI Financial Consulting Inc.||
|2013-04-02||accounting clerk||DAVID APLIN GROUP||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: