Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Residential home builders own, operate and manage companies engaged in the construction of new residential homes. Residential home renovators own, operate and manage companies engaged in the renovation of existing residential homes.
contractor, home renovation, contractor, residential homes, home builder, home renovator, renovation contractor, residential home builder.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a residential home building or renovating company
- Prepare bids for home construction or renovation projects
- Consult with customers, architects and engineers regarding plans and specifications
- Select, employ and supervise trade subcontractors to do specialized work, such as plumbing, heating and electrical work
- Plan and prepare work schedules and co-ordinate the activities of subcontractors
- Inspect work performed by subcontractors to ensure quality and conformity with plans and specifications
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers and trade subcontractors
- Develop and implement marketing and advertising strategies to promote company's products and services
- May perform carpentry or other trade work during home construction or renovation activities.
Wages for Residential Home Builders and Renovators in Halifax Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||10.00||13.04||35.92||Note|
|Prince Edward Island||12.03||16.06||48.36||Note|
- Date Modified: