Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Construction managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a construction company or a construction department within a company, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies outside the construction industry.
commercial construction manager, construction manager, construction superintendent, general contractor, housing construction manager, industrial construction manager, pipeline construction manager, project manager, construction, residential construction manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
Wages for Construction Managers in Halifax Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Halifax Region||16.83||24.00||38.46||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: