Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Painters and coaters in this unit group tend and operate machines or use brushes and spray equipment to apply paint, enamel, lacquer or other non-metallic protective and decorative coatings to surfaces of various products. They are employed by manufacturing companies, specialized coating shops and refinishing establishments.
assembly painter, automobile painter – motor vehicle manufacturing, aviation painter, bathtub refinisher, coating machine operator – industrial painting and coating, dip tank attendant, enameller, industrial products painter, manufacturing painter, paint machine operator, paint systems operator, production painter, robotic spray paint attendant, rustproofer, motor vehicle, spray paint operator, spray painter.
- Select appropriate paint or mix paints using automated paint mixing equipment according to a pre-determined formula
- Tend or operate equipment to clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare items for application of paint, lacquer or other protective or decorative coatings
- Tend or operate automated spray paint, dip or flow coating equipment or other mechanized painting or product coating application equipment
- Operate hand-held spray guns to spray paint or coat stationary items or items on moving conveyor system with protective or decorative coatings
- Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paint brushes
- Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment
- May prepare and apply stencils, computer-generated decals or other decorative items on finished products.
Wages for Painters and Coaters – Industrial in Nord-du-Québec Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Prince Edward Island||10.00||11.91||14.41||Note|
- Date Modified: