Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Furniture finishers finish new wood or metal furniture to specified colour and finish. They are employed in furniture manufacturing plants, retail furniture stores or refinishing and repair shops. Furniture refinishers refinish repaired, used or old furniture. They are employed in furniture refinishing and repair shops or they may be self-employed.
finishing machine operator, furniture finisher, furniture polisher, furniture refinisher, furniture stainer, furniture stripper, touch-up person – furniture finishing, trimmer – furniture finishing, wash-off operator – furniture finishing, wood finisher.
- Set up and operate finishing machines or finish furniture by hand
- Stain or finish wood to specified colour with stains, paints or other materials using brush or spray gun
- Apply toners, highlights, glazes or shaders to obtain desired finish
- Apply lacquer or other sealers
- Decorate wood surfaces or mark surfaces to create antique or other effects using hand and power tools
- Clean and polish furniture
- Sand metal furniture to prepare for finish and spray with paint or other materials.
- Strip old finish from wood surfaces using steel wool, sandpaper and solvents
- Smooth gouges with wood filler and sand wood
- Match colours to obtain original finish and apply appropriate finish to stripped wood
- Polish and wax refinished surfaces
- Sand or grind metal surfaces to prepare for coating, and paint metal surfaces using electrostatic method, spray gun or other painting equipment
- Make minor repairs to furniture
- May perform duties of furniture finisher.
Wages for Furniture Finishers and Refinishers in Nord-du-Québec Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Prince Edward Island||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
- Date Modified: