Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers perform manual work to assist in the construction of landscapes and related structures, and to maintain lawns, gardens, athletic fields, golf courses, cemeteries, parks, landscaped interiors and other landscaped areas. They are employed by landscaping and lawn care companies, golf courses, cemeteries, and landscaping departments of governments and private establishments.
bulb planter, cemetery labourer, gardening helper, golf course worker, grass cutter, grounds maintenance worker, landscape labourer, maintenance worker, parks, sod layer, transplanter.
- Spread top soil, lay sod, plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees and perform other duties to assist with the construction of a landscape and related structures
- Cut grass, rake, fertilize and water lawns, weed gardens, prune shrubs and trees and perform other maintenance duties as directed by supervisor
- Operate and maintain power mowers, tractors, snowblowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws and other landscape maintenance equipment
- Spray and dust trees, shrubs, lawns and gardens, as directed, to control insects and disease
- Perform other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments.
Outlook & Prospects for Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourers in Nord-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Available for a month now, the new Job Nord Québec portal allows companies of the Côte-Nord, Saguenay Lac St-Jean, Abitibi-Témiscamingue and Nord-du-Québec regions to recruit (available in French only)
- Date Modified: