Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Chain saw and skidder operators operate chain saws to fell, delimb and buck trees, and operate skidders to move or yard the felled trees from the logging site to the landing area for processing and transportation. They are employed by logging companies and contractors.
bucker, chain saw operator, faller, feller, forest worker – logging, grapple skidder operator, landingman/woman, pieceworker – logging, skidder operator.
- Operate chain saw to fell, delimb and buck trees at the logging site and loading area
- Operate cable, or grapple skidder to move or yard the felled trees from the logging site to the landing area for processing and transportation
- Assess site, terrain and weather conditions before felling and yarding trees
- May work as member of a team rotating between chain saw operation and skidder operation
- May maintain and perform minor repairs on skidders, chain saws and other equipment.
Jobs for Chain Saw and Skidder Operators in Nord-du-Québec Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Nord-du-Québec Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: