Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Farmers and farm managers manage the operations and functions of a farm. They are responsible for growing crops, raising and breeding livestock, poultry and other animals and marketing farm products.
apiarist, apple grower, breeder, domestic animals, chicken farmer, dairy farmer, feedlot manager, fruit farmer, fur farmer, grape grower, hog breeder, horse breeder, maple syrup producer, market gardener, potato farmer, rancher, seed grower, sod farmer, vegetable grower, vineyard manager, viticulturist, wheat farmer.
- Manage the overall operation of a farm, ranch or orchard
- Determine the amount and kinds of crops to be grown and livestock to be raised
- Plant, cultivate and harvest crops
- Raise and breed livestock and poultry
- Hire and supervise farm workers
- Establish a marketing program
- Purchase farm machinery, livestock, seed, feed and other supplies
- Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings
- Develop and keep financial and production records.
Farmers and farm managers may manage farms specialized in particular crops such as wheat, apples or potatoes or raise particular livestock such as beef cattle, hogs or chickens.
Outlook & Prospects for Farmers and Farm Managers in Nord-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
- Date Modified: