Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Motor vehicle body repairers repair and restore damaged motor vehicle body parts and interior finishing; repaint body surfaces; and repair and/or replace automotive glass. They are employed by automobile dealerships, automobile body repair shops and automobile appraisal centres. This unit group also includes metal repairers who repair defective automobile body parts and damage to the bodies of newly assembled cars. They are employed by motor vehicle manufacturers.
autobody repairer, automotive body mechanic, automotive glass technician, automotive painter – motor vehicle repair, automotive painter apprentice, metal finisher – motor vehicle manufacturing, metal repairer – motor vehicle manufacturing, motor vehicle body repairer apprentice, motor vehicle body technician – truck, painter – motor vehicle repair.
- Review damage report and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed
- Repair and replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components
- Hammer out dents, buckles and other defects using blocks and hammers
- Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams
- Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills using wrenches and cutting torch and bolt or weld replacement parts into place
- Straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment
- File, grind and sand repaired body surfaces using hand and power tools
- Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting
- Mix paint, blend and match colors
- Apply primers and repaint surfaces using brush or spray guns
- Repair and replace glass components such as windshields, windows and sunroofs
- Repair or replace interior components, such as seat frame assembly, carpets and floorboard insulation
- Inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling.
Outlook & Prospects for Motor Vehicle Body Repairers in Nord-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2012-10-10|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2013-01-15|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2012-10-17|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2012-11-08|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-21|
|Côte-Nord Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2012-12-10|
|Estrie Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2012-11-20|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2012-10-10|
|Lanaudière Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-23|
|Laurentides Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-06|
|Laval Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2013-05-13|
|Mauricie Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2012-11-21|
|Montérégie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-24|
|Montréal Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-26|
|Outaouais Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2012-10-15|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2012-11-23|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 16 - Sep 20, 2013
- Complexe funéraire Carl Savard has purchased the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce church in Chicoutimi and will invest $2.3M to convert it (available in French only)
- The City of Montréal is announcing a new $4M program to help not-for-profit organizations in the city's eastern sector (available in French only)
- Service d'intégration au travail, a Saint-Tite computer equipment recycling business, will be opening its 5th service point in the Mauricie in September, creating approximately 20 jobs (available in French only)
- Spa Boréalis, located in Bromont, closes its doors. The number of layoffs is estimated to be between 11 and 25 persons. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: