Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Designers in this unit group conceptualize and produce designs for film, television, theatre and video productions, garments and textiles, displays and exhibits, and for other creative items such as jewellery and trophies. Theatre designers are employed by performing arts and broadcasting companies and by festivals; fashion designers are employed by clothing and textiles companies or may be self-employed; and exhibit designers are employed by museums and retail establishments. Other creative designers in this unit group are employed by manufacturing establishments or may be self-employed.
clothing designer, costume designer, couturier – haute couture, display designer, fabric designer, fashion designer, fur designer, jewellery designer, lighting designer, museum exhibit designer, shoe designer, trophy designer, window display designer.
- Theatre designers design and create settings, scenic environments, properties, costumes and lighting for theatre, film and video productions, operas and ballets.
- Fashion designers design and create clothing and accessories for men, women and children.
- Exhibit designers plan and develop permanent and temporary or moveable exhibits and displays for museum exhibitions, trade shows, conventions, retail spaces and other exhibitions.
Theatre designers may specialize in costume, lighting or set design; fashion designers may specialize in men's, women's or children's apparel or in different lines such as sportswear, footwear or formal wear.
Outlook & Prospects for Theatre, Fashion, Exhibit and Other Creative Designers in Nord-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 11 - Nov 15, 2013
- Garda, the security company, will be opening a branch in Chibougamau, creating job opportunities for security officers (available in French only)
- A $800M investment is scheduled for the construction of the Stornoway mine in James Bay, with operations scheduled for 2016. The first 11 years of operations will generate 432 direct jobs and 740 indirect jobs. (available in French only)
- Upon termination of two contracts that are about to end, the company Les Équipements J.V.C. of Chibougamau will temporarily lay off over 150 workers (available in French only)
- On October 12, the Government of Québec announced investments of $159.7M for various projects in Northern Québec, including $100M for major repairs on the James Bay Highway (available in French only)
- Date Modified: