Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Instructors in this unit group teach courses, such as motor vehicle or motorcycle driving, sewing or other courses, which are outside of educational institutions and not job-related. They are employed by driving schools, fabric retailers and other commercial establishments or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes driver's licence examiners, who are employed by provincial governments, and tutors who provide instruction in elementary or secondary school subjects.
driver's licence examiner, driving instructor, instructor, modelling and finishing school, motorcycle driving instructor, sewing instructor – non-vocational.
- Driving instructors instruct individuals on proper motor vehicle driving skills and traffic regulations, demonstrate and explain the handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles and supervise individuals during practice driving.
- Driver's licence examiners conduct road test examinations and evaluate the driving ability of applicants for driver's licences.
- Sewing instructors give instruction to students in techniques and skills of sewing, tailoring and dressmaking.
- Modelling and finishing school instructors give instruction on comportment, personal development, make-up application and modelling techniques for fashion shows and magazine advertising.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Instructors in Nord-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Oct 22 – Oct 26, 2012
- Representing a total investment of more than $3.36M, a major expansion will take place at the Centre de formation professionnel de la Baie-James in Chibougamau (available in French only)
Week of Oct 15 – Oct 19, 2012
- The Government of Quebec is granting $3.08M in financial assistance to the Commission scolaire de la Baie-James so that it can expand the Centre de formation professionnelle de la Baie-James (available in French only)
- Date Modified: