Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Industrial designers conceptualize and produce designs for manufactured products. They are employed by manufacturing industries and private design firms or they may be self-employed.
furniture designer, industrial design consultant, industrial designer, industrial products designer, product designer.
- Consult with client, engineers or production specialists to establish product requirements
- Analyze the intended use of product and user preferences
- Conduct research into cost, properties of production materials and methods of production
- Prepare design concepts, sketches or models for approval
- Prepare manufacturing drawings, specifications and guidelines for production and construct prototype of design
- Consult with engineers and production staff during manufacturing stage.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Designers in Nord-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Since April 15, Mistissini has its own Tim Hortons restaurant, which led to the creation of at least 20 jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Built at a cost of $29M, the Centre de santé communautaire Miyupimaatisiiun of Mistissini has been inaugurated (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- The Zellers store in Chibougamau has ceased operations on March 16, leading to the layoff of many dozens of jobs (available in French only)
Week of Nov 05 – Nov 09, 2012
- Resolute Forest Products will invest $9M in the construction of a new sawmill line at its Comtois de Lebel-sur-Quévillon sawmill (available in French only)
- Date Modified: