Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Banking, insurance and other financial clerks compile, process and maintain banking, insurance and other financial information. They are employed by banks, credit companies, private and public insurance establishments, investment firms and other financial establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
actuarial clerk, bank clerk, credit clerk, dental claims clerk, dividend calculation clerk, insurance clerk – financial sector, insurance rater, ledger control clerk, loan clerk – financial sector, mortgage clerk, premium rater – insurance, real estate clerk, securities clerk – financial sector.
- Compile records of deposits, withdrawals, loan and mortgage payments, cheques and purchase, sale and exchange of securities
- Process loan and mortgage applications, loan and mortgage payments, retirement savings plan applications, term deposits, drafts and money orders
- Verify and balance automatic teller machine transactions and ledger entries, calculate service charges and interest payments and notify customers regarding account discrepancies and captured bank cards
- Answer enquiries and provide information on banking products, policies and services
- May sell drafts, money orders, travellers' cheques and foreign currency, rent safety deposit boxes and open and close savings, chequing and other accounts.
- Process enrolments, cancellations, claims transactions, policy changes and premium payments
- Review insurance applications and verify insurance coverage, premiums paid and other insurance information
- Calculate insurance premiums, pension benefits and annuity payments
- Compile and maintain claims data, rates and insurance data and records
- Answer enquiries and provide information on insurance products, policies and services.
- Compile and maintain rental, sale and other real estate listings
- Compile and maintain stock, bond and other securities listings
- Sort, verify and process real estate, securities and other financial transactions
- Answer enquiries and reply to correspondence.
Wages for Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks in Nord-du-Québec Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: