Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Postal and courier services managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations in postal facilities and in establishments that provide courier services. They are employed by Canada Post Corporation and by courier companies.
courier service manager, mail processing plant manager, manager, collection and delivery operations, manager, mail operations, messenger service manager, parcel processing plant manager, post office manager, postal station superintendent, production control manager – postal service.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of postal facilities and courier service companies, or of operational divisions within Canada Post and courier service companies
- Co-ordinate the duties of supervisors and other staff
- Manage the accurate and expedient movement of mail and parcels through postal and parcel sorting facilities
- Review effectiveness of assigned operations and implement changes to postal and courier operations
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and administer the expenditures of postal and courier facilities
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Postal and Courier Services Managers in Nord-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 11 - Nov 15, 2013
- Garda, the security company, will be opening a branch in Chibougamau, creating job opportunities for security officers (available in French only)
- A $800M investment is scheduled for the construction of the Stornoway mine in James Bay, with operations scheduled for 2016. The first 11 years of operations will generate 432 direct jobs and 740 indirect jobs. (available in French only)
- Upon termination of two contracts that are about to end, the company Les Équipements J.V.C. of Chibougamau will temporarily lay off over 150 workers (available in French only)
- On October 12, the Government of Québec announced investments of $159.7M for various projects in Northern Québec, including $100M for major repairs on the James Bay Highway (available in French only)
- Date Modified: