Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Postal and courier services managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations in postal facilities and in establishments that provide courier services. They are employed by Canada Post Corporation and by courier companies.
courier service manager, mail processing plant manager, manager, collection and delivery operations, manager, mail operations, messenger service manager, parcel processing plant manager, post office manager, postal station superintendent, production control manager – postal service.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of postal facilities and courier service companies, or of operational divisions within Canada Post and courier service companies
- Co-ordinate the duties of supervisors and other staff
- Manage the accurate and expedient movement of mail and parcels through postal and parcel sorting facilities
- Review effectiveness of assigned operations and implement changes to postal and courier operations
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and administer the expenditures of postal and courier facilities
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Postal and Courier Services Managers in Nord-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Hydro-Québec has invested in power plant Robert-Bourassa, located in James Bay, and 150 workers will be added to its staff during summer (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Following an investment of $159M, Xstrata Nickel has announced the opening of the Bracemac-Macleod mine in Matagami, creating 260 jobs (available in French only)
- Ressources Strateco eliminated approximately 100 jobs in Nord-du-Québec (available in French only)
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec will invest $868M in the next five years for the development of infrastructures in Northern Québec (available in French only)
- Job Nord Québec helps job seekers and employers to meet their needs for the Nord-du-Québec region (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Since April 15, Mistissini has its own Tim Hortons restaurant, which led to the creation of at least 20 jobs (available in French only)
- Date Modified: