Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes roofing, masonry, painting and other construction trade contractors, not elsewhere classified, who own and operate their own business. Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of various tradespersons, installers, repairers and servicers classified in the following minor groups: <i>Masonry and Plastering Trades</i> (728), <i>Other Construction Trades</i> (729) and <i>Other Installers, Repairers and Servicers</i> (744). They are employed by a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the unit group descriptions. This unit group also includes prefabricated product installation and service contractors and proprietors of some repair and service establishments.
bricklaying contractor, cement finishing contractor, foreman/woman, glaziers, foreman/woman, insulators, foreman/woman, plasterers, painting contractor, pest control supervisor, roofing contractor, supervisor, bicycle repair shop, supervisor, painters and decorators, supervisor, tilesetters.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of construction workers engaged in bricklaying, roofing, cement finishing, tilesetting, plastering, drywall installation, glazing, insulating and painting, and workers who install and service prefabricated products in residential and commercial properties, as well as workers who repair a wide variety of products, such as musical instruments, sports equipment, vending machines, bicycles and cameras
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other subcontractors
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare work progress reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Other Construction Trades, Installers, Repairers and Servicers in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Gazon Savard in Saguenay has landed a contract of more than $14M to carry out the deforestation in Romaine-4 (available in French only)
Week of Feb 11 – Feb 15, 2013
- Work under the mini-hydroelectric station project on the Ouiatchouan River in Val-Jalbert is starting (available in French only)
Week of Jan 28 – Feb 01, 2013
- The Saguenay-based company Cegerco plans to build a small hydroelectric generating station near Val-Jalbert on the Ouiatchouan River (available in French only)
Week of Nov 12 – Nov 16, 2012
- $19M for the highway between Alma and La Baie (available in French only)
- Date Modified: