Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who produce camera work and printing plates and cylinders, process film, print text and illustrations on paper, metal and other material, and bind and finish printed products. They are employed by companies that specialize in commercial printing or one of its components, such as binding or colour reproduction, in combined printing and publishing companies, such as newspapers and magazines, and in various establishments in both the public and private sectors that have in-house printing departments.
bindery foreman/woman – printing, bindery supervisor – printing, composing room supervisor – printing, film processing supervisor, finishing supervisor – printing, photographic and film processing foreman/woman, platemaking supervisor – printing, preparatory supervisor – printing, prepress supervisor – printing, pressroom supervisor – printing, printing supervisor.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who produce camera work and printing plates and cylinders; process film; and print, bind and finish books, newspapers, business forms and other printed products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Review and approve all job proofs or samples in order to ensure quality of work meets client specifications
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems, provide technical advice and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines or equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Printing and Related Occupations in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-20|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Coop¿rative Foresti¿re Petit-Paris in Saint-Ludger-de-Milot is investing $2.1M to upgrade its equipment and acquire a mobile forest camp (available in French only)
- After investing nearly $2M, M¿t¿ore Bar & Grill will open its doors in Dolbeau-Mistassini. The new cabaret restaurant-bar concept generated 35 jobs. (available in French only)
- La Chocolaterie des p¿res trappistes of Dolbeau-Mistassini is expanding and will be modernized thanks to a $1.45M investment. Thirty-some jobs will be consolidated. (available in French only)
- Thanks to a $2.7M investment, primary school Sainte-Bernadette of Chicoutimi will expand (available in French only)
- Following a $10M investment, IGA Extra Yvon Hach¿ has relocated by setting up shop at Place du Saguenay in the facility previously occupied by Zellers. Forty new jobs were added. (available in French only)
- A $2.8M investment will be made to build a gymnasium that will be used by students of Saint-Denis and Saint-Isidore elementary schools in the borough of Chicoutimi. It will be accessible by the start of the next school year in 2014. (available in French only)
- Saint-Eugène-based Béton préfabriqué du Lac won a contract of approximately $10M and will provide the concrete shell required for the Tour des Canadiens. Approximately 30 employees (engineers, drafting technicians, welders and joiners) will work on it. (available in French only)
- Starting in summer 2014, $1.2M will be invested to reconstruct the exterior walls and fenestration at Sacré-Coeur de Dolbeau-Mistassini elementary school (available in French only)
- As of summer 2014, $900,000 will be invested for renovation and reconstruction works at the Centre de formation générale des adultes De La Jonquière (available in French only)
- Saint-Gédéon¿s sports, recreational and cultural centre will be renovated with $4.7M. Both the population of the municipality and Saint-Antoine elementary school students will have access to the centre in 2014. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: