Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes personnel in occupations unique to the armed forces, such as artillery soldiers, infantry soldiers, air defence technicians and naval electronics technicians who provide collective defence measures to protect Canadian waters, land, airspace and other interests. They are employed by the Canadian armed forces.
air defence technician, armoured vehicle crewmember, artillery soldier, field engineer – military, infantry soldier, naval weapons technician, sonar operator, tank driver, weapons operator.
- Operate armoured vehicles, artillery, hand-held weapons and other military combat equipment and defence systems
- Engage in peacekeeping operations and enforce cease-fire agreements
- Provide aid in emergency situations, such as civil disorder, natural disasters and major accidents
- Engage in drills and other training in preparation for peacekeeping, combat and natural disaster relief duties
- Perform administrative and guard duties.
Personnel in this unit group are assigned to specific operations related to reconnaissance, peacekeeping, disaster relief and combat.
Outlook & Prospects for Occupations Unique to the Armed Forces in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-20|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Thanks to an investment of $1.6M, Oasis des Bâtisseurs retirement home will be expanded in Saint-Nazaire, with the addition of 23 dwelling units to the existing 12 (available in French only)
- A new retirement complex, Le Manoir du Fjord, will be built in La Baie. Eighteen million dollars will be invested in the first phase and $7M will be invested in the second phase. (available in French only)
- Coop¿rative Foresti¿re Petit-Paris in Saint-Ludger-de-Milot is investing $2.1M to upgrade its equipment and acquire a mobile forest camp (available in French only)
- After investing nearly $2M, M¿t¿ore Bar & Grill will open its doors in Dolbeau-Mistassini. The new cabaret restaurant-bar concept generated 35 jobs. (available in French only)
- La Chocolaterie des p¿res trappistes of Dolbeau-Mistassini is expanding and will be modernized thanks to a $1.45M investment. Thirty-some jobs will be consolidated. (available in French only)
- Thanks to a $2.7M investment, primary school Sainte-Bernadette of Chicoutimi will expand (available in French only)
- Following a $10M investment, IGA Extra Yvon Hach¿ has relocated by setting up shop at Place du Saguenay in the facility previously occupied by Zellers. Forty new jobs were added. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: