Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes personnel in occupations unique to the armed forces, such as artillery soldiers, infantry soldiers, air defence technicians and naval electronics technicians who provide collective defence measures to protect Canadian waters, land, airspace and other interests. They are employed by the Canadian armed forces.
air defence technician, armoured vehicle crewmember, artillery soldier, field engineer – military, infantry soldier, naval weapons technician, sonar operator, tank driver, weapons operator.
- Operate armoured vehicles, artillery, hand-held weapons and other military combat equipment and defence systems
- Engage in peacekeeping operations and enforce cease-fire agreements
- Provide aid in emergency situations, such as civil disorder, natural disasters and major accidents
- Engage in drills and other training in preparation for peacekeeping, combat and natural disaster relief duties
- Perform administrative and guard duties.
Personnel in this unit group are assigned to specific operations related to reconnaissance, peacekeeping, disaster relief and combat.
Outlook & Prospects for Occupations Unique to the Armed Forces in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-20|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- After an investment of close to $5M, the Ressource Intermédiaire Domaine-du-roy opens its doors in Saint-Félicien with more than 22 employees (available in French only)
- Canadian Tire in Coaticook will shut down May 22nd. Twenty-some workers will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
- Gazon Savard in Saguenay has landed a contract of more than $14M to carry out the deforestation in Romaine-4 (available in French only)
- The Centre de santé et de services sociaux Les Eskers of Abitibi is lacking staff in many sectors (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Musée du fromage cheddar of Saint-Prime has invested close to $1M to offer its clientele an interactive and gustatory experience as of June 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Citing profitability problems, car dealership Volvo du Fjord in Chicoutimi will lay off its nearly dozen employees (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The primary college in Saint-Ambroise will be rebuilt and expanded at a cost of $5.5M (available in French only)
- 3 Wing Canadian Forces Base in Bagotville will be spending close to $11M on new radar systems (available in French only)
- The Centre d'entreprenariat et d'essaimage of the Université du Québec in Chicoutimi, will be building an $11M aluminum processing plant in Alma (available in French only)
- The City of Saguenay is investing $2.5M to renovate the Georges Vézina centre (available in French only)
- Date Modified: