Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes personnel in occupations unique to the armed forces, such as artillery soldiers, infantry soldiers, air defence technicians and naval electronics technicians who provide collective defence measures to protect Canadian waters, land, airspace and other interests. They are employed by the Canadian armed forces.
air defence technician, armoured vehicle crewmember, artillery soldier, field engineer – military, infantry soldier, naval weapons technician, sonar operator, tank driver, weapons operator.
- Operate armoured vehicles, artillery, hand-held weapons and other military combat equipment and defence systems
- Engage in peacekeeping operations and enforce cease-fire agreements
- Provide aid in emergency situations, such as civil disorder, natural disasters and major accidents
- Engage in drills and other training in preparation for peacekeeping, combat and natural disaster relief duties
- Perform administrative and guard duties.
Personnel in this unit group are assigned to specific operations related to reconnaissance, peacekeeping, disaster relief and combat.
Wages for Occupations Unique to the Armed Forces in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: