Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Food and beverage servers take patrons' food and beverage orders and serve orders to patrons. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, bars, taverns, private clubs, banquet halls and similar establishments.
banquet server, captain waiter/waitress, chief wine steward, cocktail waiter/waitress, food and beverage server, formal service waiter/waitress, waiter/waitress, wine steward.
- Greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
- Take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff
- Recommend wines that complement patrons' meals
- Serve food and beverages
- Prepare and serve specialty foods at patrons' tables
- Present bill to patrons and accept payment
- Order and maintain inventory of wines and wine glassware
- Perform sensory evaluation of wines.
Outlook & Prospects for Food and Beverage Servers in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Musée du fromage cheddar of Saint-Prime has invested close to $1M to offer its clientele an interactive and gustatory experience as of June 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The City of Saguenay is investing $2.5M to renovate the Georges Vézina centre (available in French only)
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- In 2012, snowmobiling contributed $100M to the economy of Saguenay–Lac-St-Jean (available in French only)
Week of Oct 29 – Nov 02, 2012
- Restaurant Le Deauville in Chicoutimi has definitely closed down. In business since 1978, the restaurant had been closed since last June due to water damage. Le Deauville employed thirtysome people. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: