Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Funeral directors co-ordinate and arrange all aspects of funeral services. Embalmers prepare the remains of deceased persons for public visitation and burial. Funeral directors and embalmers are employed by funeral homes.
- Consult with the family of the deceased regarding the nature of the funeral service, the disposition of the remains and funeral costs
- Transfer, or arrange for the transfer of, the remains from the place of death to the funeral home
- Inform survivors of benefits for which they may be eligible
- Issue death notices to newspapers
- Oversee the preparation of the remains, plan and schedule funeral services, co-ordinate burials and cremations and complete legal documents
- Discuss and negotiate prearranged funerals with clients
- Manage funeral home operations including hiring and directing staff, maintaining financial records, preparing accounts and ordering merchandise
- Supervise embalmers, funeral home attendants and other funeral home staff
- May perform same duties as embalmers.
- Preserve, sanitize and prepare human remains for funeral services
- Perform cosmetic and restorative work on human remains
- Supervise funeral home attendants and other funeral home staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Funeral Directors and Embalmers in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-07|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Thanks to an investment of $1.6M, Oasis des Bâtisseurs retirement home will be expanded in Saint-Nazaire, with the addition of 23 dwelling units to the existing 12 (available in French only)
- A new retirement complex, Le Manoir du Fjord, will be built in La Baie. Eighteen million dollars will be invested in the first phase and $7M will be invested in the second phase. (available in French only)
- Coop¿rative Foresti¿re Petit-Paris in Saint-Ludger-de-Milot is investing $2.1M to upgrade its equipment and acquire a mobile forest camp (available in French only)
- After investing nearly $2M, M¿t¿ore Bar & Grill will open its doors in Dolbeau-Mistassini. The new cabaret restaurant-bar concept generated 35 jobs. (available in French only)
- La Chocolaterie des p¿res trappistes of Dolbeau-Mistassini is expanding and will be modernized thanks to a $1.45M investment. Thirty-some jobs will be consolidated. (available in French only)
- Thanks to a $2.7M investment, primary school Sainte-Bernadette of Chicoutimi will expand (available in French only)
- Following a $10M investment, IGA Extra Yvon Hach¿ has relocated by setting up shop at Place du Saguenay in the facility previously occupied by Zellers. Forty new jobs were added. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: