Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Funeral directors co-ordinate and arrange all aspects of funeral services. Embalmers prepare the remains of deceased persons for public visitation and burial. Funeral directors and embalmers are employed by funeral homes.
- Consult with the family of the deceased regarding the nature of the funeral service, the disposition of the remains and funeral costs
- Transfer, or arrange for the transfer of, the remains from the place of death to the funeral home
- Inform survivors of benefits for which they may be eligible
- Issue death notices to newspapers
- Oversee the preparation of the remains, plan and schedule funeral services, co-ordinate burials and cremations and complete legal documents
- Discuss and negotiate prearranged funerals with clients
- Manage funeral home operations including hiring and directing staff, maintaining financial records, preparing accounts and ordering merchandise
- Supervise embalmers, funeral home attendants and other funeral home staff
- May perform same duties as embalmers.
- Preserve, sanitize and prepare human remains for funeral services
- Perform cosmetic and restorative work on human remains
- Supervise funeral home attendants and other funeral home staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Funeral Directors and Embalmers in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 10 – Jun 14, 2013
- The health and social services institutions in Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean will be looking to hire over 3,550 people over the next three years (available in French only)
- Over $10M will be invested to build deluxe condominiums and condo hotels in Saint-Gédéon (available in French only)
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Elementary school École Sainte-Cécile, located in the Jonquière borough of Saguenay, will expand its gymnasium at a cost of $1.65M (available in French only)
- Fifteen-some workers have been laid off for a month-long period at Resolute Forest Products of Saint-Fulgence
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Club Piscine Super Fitness Saguenay has expanded its business in the Chicoutimi borough with a $4.5M investment (available in French only)
- IGA Extra Yvon Haché has invested $10M to relocate and set up shop in Place du Saguenay, in the facility formerly occupied by Zellers. Fifty-some employees will be hired to reach the grand total of 175 workers. (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The Centre d'excellence des drones is concentrating its activities in the Alma Airport with an investment of $4.3M (available in French only)
- The Fromagerie Perron in Saint-Prime will invest $500,000 to open a new restaurant and move its sales counter (available in French only)
- Date Modified: