Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes circus performers, magicians, models, puppeteers and other performers not elsewhere classified. They are employed by circuses, nightclubs, theatre, advertising and other production companies or may be self-employed.
acrobat, busker, circus performer, clown, fashion model, magician, puppeteer, ventriloquist.
- Buskers entertain passers-by on sidewalks and in parks with magic tricks, juggling acts, short dramatic works, music and other entertaining displays.
- Circus performers such as trapeze artists, high-wire walkers, clowns and jugglers entertain audiences with thrilling and humorous acts.
- Magicians and illusionists perform sleight-of-hand tricks, disappearing acts and other illusions.
- Fashion models display clothing and merchandise in commercials, advertisements and fashion shows and pose for artists and photographers.
- Puppeteers operate puppets and marionettes.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Performers in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-06|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- After an investment of close to $5M, the Ressource Intermédiaire Domaine-du-roy opens its doors in Saint-Félicien with more than 22 employees (available in French only)
- Canadian Tire in Coaticook will shut down May 22nd. Twenty-some workers will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
- Gazon Savard in Saguenay has landed a contract of more than $14M to carry out the deforestation in Romaine-4 (available in French only)
- The Centre de santé et de services sociaux Les Eskers of Abitibi is lacking staff in many sectors (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Musée du fromage cheddar of Saint-Prime has invested close to $1M to offer its clientele an interactive and gustatory experience as of June 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Citing profitability problems, car dealership Volvo du Fjord in Chicoutimi will lay off its nearly dozen employees (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The primary college in Saint-Ambroise will be rebuilt and expanded at a cost of $5.5M (available in French only)
- 3 Wing Canadian Forces Base in Bagotville will be spending close to $11M on new radar systems (available in French only)
- The Centre d'entreprenariat et d'essaimage of the Université du Québec in Chicoutimi, will be building an $11M aluminum processing plant in Alma (available in French only)
- The City of Saguenay is investing $2.5M to renovate the Georges Vézina centre (available in French only)
- Date Modified: