Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes musicians, singers and teachers of vocal and instrumental music. Musicians and singers perform with orchestras, choirs, opera companies and popular bands in establishments such as concert halls, lounges and theatres and in film, television and recording studios. Music teachers teach in conservatories, academies and private homes.
accompanist, church organist, guitar player, instrumentalist, music teacher – musicians, musician, opera singer, percussionist, recording artist, rock singer, singer, vocalist.
- Musicians play one or more instruments as soloists or as members of a musical group before audiences or for recording purposes.
- Singers sing musical arrangements as soloists or as members of vocal groups before audiences or for recording purposes.
- Teachers of music or voice teach technique, interpretation and music theory to students through private or group lessons.
Musicians and singers usually specialize in specific types of music such as classical, country, ethnic, jazz, opera or popular music.
Outlook & Prospects for Musicians and Singers in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Elementary school École Sainte-Cécile, located in the Jonquière borough of Saguenay, will expand its gymnasium at a cost of $1.65M (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Musée du fromage cheddar of Saint-Prime has invested close to $1M to offer its clientele an interactive and gustatory experience as of June 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The primary college in Saint-Ambroise will be rebuilt and expanded at a cost of $5.5M (available in French only)
- The City of Saguenay is investing $2.5M to renovate the Georges Vézina centre (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- To face budget cuts, twenty-some positions at the Commission scolaire des Rives-du-Saguenay will be abolished (available in French only)
- Date Modified: