Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Authors and writers plan, research and write books, scripts, storyboards, plays, essays, speeches, manuals, specifications and other non-journalistic articles for publication or presentation. They are employed by advertising agencies, governments, large corporations, private consulting firms, publishing firms, multimedia/new-media companies and other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
advertising copywriter, copywriter, essayist, interactive media writer, novelist, playwright, poet, scientific writer, script writer, specifications writer, speech writer, technical writer, writer.
- Novelists, playwrights, script writers, poets and other creative writers conceive and write novels, plays, scripts, poetry and other material for publication or presentation and may conduct research to establish factual content and to obtain other necessary information.
- Technical writers analyze material, such as specifications, notes and drawings, and write manuals, user guides and other documents to explain clearly and concisely the installation, operation and maintenance of software and electronic, mechanical and other equipment.
- Copywriters study and determine selling features of products and services and write text for advertisements and commercials.
Authors and writers may specialize in a particular subject or type of writing.
Outlook & Prospects for Authors and Writers in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-06|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 28 - Nov 01, 2013
- Saint-Gédéon¿s sports, recreational and cultural centre will be renovated with $4.7M. Both the population of the municipality and Saint-Antoine elementary school students will have access to the centre in 2014. (available in French only)
- A new Centre multisports Nazaire-Girard will be built in Laterrière for $5 million. Community organizations will be moving into the centre. It is set to open by the end of January 2014. (available in French only)
- $11 million will be invested in the second phase of renovation of Alma¿s Mario-Tremblay Centre, an infrastructure that is available for citizens and students of Pavillon Wilbrod-Dufour (available in French only)
- Opening of Florida Golf in Saint-Ambroise, with a second phase of construction to start soon (available in French only)
- The Saint-Félicien pier and marina will be renovated at a cost of $5.2M (available in French only)
- Date Modified: