Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Authors and writers plan, research and write books, scripts, storyboards, plays, essays, speeches, manuals, specifications and other non-journalistic articles for publication or presentation. They are employed by advertising agencies, governments, large corporations, private consulting firms, publishing firms, multimedia/new-media companies and other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
advertising copywriter, copywriter, essayist, interactive media writer, novelist, playwright, poet, scientific writer, script writer, specifications writer, speech writer, technical writer, writer.
- Novelists, playwrights, script writers, poets and other creative writers conceive and write novels, plays, scripts, poetry and other material for publication or presentation and may conduct research to establish factual content and to obtain other necessary information.
- Technical writers analyze material, such as specifications, notes and drawings, and write manuals, user guides and other documents to explain clearly and concisely the installation, operation and maintenance of software and electronic, mechanical and other equipment.
- Copywriters study and determine selling features of products and services and write text for advertisements and commercials.
Authors and writers may specialize in a particular subject or type of writing.
Outlook & Prospects for Authors and Writers in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-06|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Musée du fromage cheddar of Saint-Prime has invested close to $1M to offer its clientele an interactive and gustatory experience as of June 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The City of Saguenay is investing $2.5M to renovate the Georges Vézina centre (available in French only)
- Date Modified: