Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, produce reports and administer health care policies and programs. They are employed by government departments and agencies, consulting establishments, universities, research institutes, hospitals, community agencies, educational institutions, professional associations, non-governmental organizations and international organizations.
consultant, drug and alcohol abuse, consultant, health care, consultant, mental health programs, health care planner, health promotion program officer, health services researcher, planning officer, child health care programs, policy development officer, nursing homes, research analyst, health policy.
- Assist in developing government health policy by reviewing relevant literature, conducting interviews, collecting and analysing statistical data, and providing advice to senior managers and officials on issues such as health promotion, regulation, standards and financing
- Design and implement health projects or programs
- Maintain, update and manage health information databases
- Compile and analyse statistical information provided by private and public health care institutions and organizations and produce reports
- Monitor and evaluate health care programs operated by government departments and agencies or private organizations
- Assess compliance with health standards and identify remedial action if necessary
- Conduct evaluations and assessments of health projects and programs
- Provide consulting services to clients in private establishments or government departments or agencies
- Respond to internal and external program and policy information requests
- Produce newsletters, magazines and other documents to provide information to association or organization members or the general public
- Present the views of an association or organization to politicians, government officials, the media or the general public.
Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers may specialize in a particular area of health policy development, research or program administration such as addiction research.
Outlook & Prospects for Health Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 10 – Jun 14, 2013
- The health and social services institutions in Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean will be looking to hire over 3,550 people over the next three years (available in French only)
- Over $10M will be invested to build deluxe condominiums and condo hotels in Saint-Gédéon (available in French only)
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Elementary school École Sainte-Cécile, located in the Jonquière borough of Saguenay, will expand its gymnasium at a cost of $1.65M (available in French only)
- Fifteen-some workers have been laid off for a month-long period at Resolute Forest Products of Saint-Fulgence
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Club Piscine Super Fitness Saguenay has expanded its business in the Chicoutimi borough with a $4.5M investment (available in French only)
- IGA Extra Yvon Haché has invested $10M to relocate and set up shop in Place du Saguenay, in the facility formerly occupied by Zellers. Fifty-some employees will be hired to reach the grand total of 175 workers. (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The Centre d'excellence des drones is concentrating its activities in the Alma Airport with an investment of $4.3M (available in French only)
- The Fromagerie Perron in Saint-Prime will invest $500,000 to open a new restaurant and move its sales counter (available in French only)
- Date Modified: