Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, produce reports and administer health care policies and programs. They are employed by government departments and agencies, consulting establishments, universities, research institutes, hospitals, community agencies, educational institutions, professional associations, non-governmental organizations and international organizations.
consultant, drug and alcohol abuse, consultant, health care, consultant, mental health programs, health care planner, health promotion program officer, health services researcher, planning officer, child health care programs, policy development officer, nursing homes, research analyst, health policy.
- Assist in developing government health policy by reviewing relevant literature, conducting interviews, collecting and analysing statistical data, and providing advice to senior managers and officials on issues such as health promotion, regulation, standards and financing
- Design and implement health projects or programs
- Maintain, update and manage health information databases
- Compile and analyse statistical information provided by private and public health care institutions and organizations and produce reports
- Monitor and evaluate health care programs operated by government departments and agencies or private organizations
- Assess compliance with health standards and identify remedial action if necessary
- Conduct evaluations and assessments of health projects and programs
- Provide consulting services to clients in private establishments or government departments or agencies
- Respond to internal and external program and policy information requests
- Produce newsletters, magazines and other documents to provide information to association or organization members or the general public
- Present the views of an association or organization to politicians, government officials, the media or the general public.
Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers may specialize in a particular area of health policy development, research or program administration such as addiction research.
Outlook & Prospects for Health Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-05|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Thanks to an investment of $1.6M, Oasis des Bâtisseurs retirement home will be expanded in Saint-Nazaire, with the addition of 23 dwelling units to the existing 12 (available in French only)
- A new retirement complex, Le Manoir du Fjord, will be built in La Baie. Eighteen million dollars will be invested in the first phase and $7M will be invested in the second phase. (available in French only)
- Coop¿rative Foresti¿re Petit-Paris in Saint-Ludger-de-Milot is investing $2.1M to upgrade its equipment and acquire a mobile forest camp (available in French only)
- After investing nearly $2M, M¿t¿ore Bar & Grill will open its doors in Dolbeau-Mistassini. The new cabaret restaurant-bar concept generated 35 jobs. (available in French only)
- La Chocolaterie des p¿res trappistes of Dolbeau-Mistassini is expanding and will be modernized thanks to a $1.45M investment. Thirty-some jobs will be consolidated. (available in French only)
- Thanks to a $2.7M investment, primary school Sainte-Bernadette of Chicoutimi will expand (available in French only)
- Following a $10M investment, IGA Extra Yvon Hach¿ has relocated by setting up shop at Place du Saguenay in the facility previously occupied by Zellers. Forty new jobs were added. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: