Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, produce reports and administer health care policies and programs. They are employed by government departments and agencies, consulting establishments, universities, research institutes, hospitals, community agencies, educational institutions, professional associations, non-governmental organizations and international organizations.
consultant, drug and alcohol abuse, consultant, health care, consultant, mental health programs, health care planner, health promotion program officer, health services researcher, planning officer, child health care programs, policy development officer, nursing homes, research analyst, health policy.
- Assist in developing government health policy by reviewing relevant literature, conducting interviews, collecting and analysing statistical data, and providing advice to senior managers and officials on issues such as health promotion, regulation, standards and financing
- Design and implement health projects or programs
- Maintain, update and manage health information databases
- Compile and analyse statistical information provided by private and public health care institutions and organizations and produce reports
- Monitor and evaluate health care programs operated by government departments and agencies or private organizations
- Assess compliance with health standards and identify remedial action if necessary
- Conduct evaluations and assessments of health projects and programs
- Provide consulting services to clients in private establishments or government departments or agencies
- Respond to internal and external program and policy information requests
- Produce newsletters, magazines and other documents to provide information to association or organization members or the general public
- Present the views of an association or organization to politicians, government officials, the media or the general public.
Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers may specialize in a particular area of health policy development, research or program administration such as addiction research.
Outlook & Prospects for Health Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Musée du fromage cheddar of Saint-Prime has invested close to $1M to offer its clientele an interactive and gustatory experience as of June 2014 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Citing profitability problems, car dealership Volvo du Fjord in Chicoutimi will lay off its nearly dozen employees (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The primary college in Saint-Ambroise will be rebuilt and expanded at a cost of $5.5M (available in French only)
- 3 Wing Canadian Forces Base in Bagotville will be spending close to $11M on new radar systems (available in French only)
- The Centre d'entreprenariat et d'essaimage of the Université du Québec in Chicoutimi, will be building an $11M aluminum processing plant in Alma (available in French only)
- The City of Saguenay is investing $2.5M to renovate the Georges Vézina centre (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The Belle-de-Jour greenhouse workers cooperative in Saint-Nazaire invests close to $2M to improve its energy efficiency, which would allow it to maintain 55 jobs (available in French only)
- Chocolaterie des Pères Trappistes of Dolbeau-Mistassini invests $1.5M to improve its productivity and increase its production. Hence, the 25 current jobs will be consolidated. (available in French only)
- To face budget cuts, twenty-some positions at the Commission scolaire des Rives-du-Saguenay will be abolished (available in French only)
- Date Modified: