Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Construction inspectors inspect the construction and maintenance of new and existing buildings, bridges, highways and industrial construction to ensure that specifications and building codes are observed and monitor work site safety. They are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments, construction companies, architectural and civil engineering consulting firms or they may be self-employed.
bridge inspector, building construction inspector, construction inspector, highway construction inspector, home inspector, housing construction inspector, mine inspector, construction, plumbing inspector, pre-stressed concrete inspector, safety officer – construction.
- Examine plans, drawings, and site layouts for new buildings, building renovations and other proposed structures
- Inspect construction of buildings, bridges, dams, highways and other types of building and engineering construction for conformance to drawings, specifications, building codes or other applicable ordinances
- Inspect and test electrical or plumbing installations in buildings to ensure compliance with municipal, provincial and federal regulations
- Inspect steel framework, concrete forms, reinforcing steel mesh and rods, concrete or pre-stressed concrete to ensure quality standards and to verify conformance to specifications and building codes
- Inspect construction of sewer systems and pipelines
- Inspect construction sites to ensure that safe working conditions are maintained
- Inspect existing buildings to identify and report on structural defects, fire hazards and other threats to safety
- Inspect new or resale homes on behalf of clients and assess and provide reports on the physical condition of property.
Outlook & Prospects for Construction Inspectors in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Elementary school École Sainte-Cécile, located in the Jonquière borough of Saguenay, will expand its gymnasium at a cost of $1.65M (available in French only)
- Fifteen-some workers have been laid off for a month-long period at Resolute Forest Products of Saint-Fulgence
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Club Piscine Super Fitness Saguenay has expanded its business in the Chicoutimi borough with a $4.5M investment (available in French only)
- IGA Extra Yvon Haché has invested $10M to relocate and set up shop in Place du Saguenay, in the facility formerly occupied by Zellers. Fifty-some employees will be hired to reach the grand total of 175 workers. (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The Centre d'excellence des drones is concentrating its activities in the Alma Airport with an investment of $4.3M (available in French only)
- The Fromagerie Perron in Saint-Prime will invest $500,000 to open a new restaurant and move its sales counter (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The municipal garage in the Jonquière borough of Saguenay will be expanded with an investment of $4.75M (available in French only)
- Date Modified: