Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail trade managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that sell merchandise or services on a retail basis. Retail trade managers are employed by retail sales establishments or they may own and operate their own store.
antique dealer, assistant manager – retail, bookstore manager, car dealership manager, clothing store manager, department store manager, pleasure boat dealer, service station manager, sporting goods store manager, store manager – retail, supermarket manager, travel agency manager, variety store manager.
- Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of establishments engaged in retail sales or of departments in such establishments
- Manage staff and assign duties
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
- Determine merchandise and services to be sold, and implement price and credit policies
- Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Plan budgets and authorize expenditures
- Resolve customer complaints
- Determine staffing requirements and hire or oversee hiring of staff.
Wages for Retail Trade Managers in Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||12.11||15.62||22.52||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: