Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group perform clean-up, packaging, material handling and other elemental activities related to fish processing. They are employed in fish processing and packaging plants.
cannery labourer, fish briner, fish plant labourer, fish salter, fish weigher, shellfish labourer, shellfish packer.
- Unload fish and shellfish from fishing vessels and transport them by hand or forklift truck to work area in fish processing plant
- Immerse fresh fish fillets in brine solution to condition them for wrapping or freezing
- Weigh fish or shellfish, record weight and pack fish in ice
- Sort fish according to species, weight and destination
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Transport supplies and packaging materials throughout plant and storage area manually or with powered equipment
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
Jobs for Labourers in Fish Processing in Laurentides Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Laurentides Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: