Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Machine operators in this unit group operate and tend wood processing equipment and machines to remove bark from logs, produce wood chips, preserve and treat wood, and produce waferboards, particleboards, hardboards, insulation boards, plywood, veneers and similar wood products. They are employed in sawmills, woodrooms of pulp mills, planing mills, wood treatment plants, waferboard plants and other wood processing plants.
barker operator, chipper operator, lumber kiln operator, particleboard line operator, plywood panel assembler, timber treating tank operator, veneer dryer tender, veneer lathe operator, waferboard press operator, wood treater.
- Operate and tend various wood processing equipment and machines to remove bark, knots and dirt from logs; reduce logs or sawmill waste into wood chips or flakes; stack and band lumber; screen wood chips; and produce waferboards, particleboards, hardboards and insulation boards
- Operate and tend conveyors, lathes, sanding machines and other equipment to peel and slice veneer from logs and log sections, and to glue, press, trim, sand and splice veneer sheets
- Operate and tend kilns, treating tanks and other equipment to dry lumber and other wood products, and to treat chemically and impregnate wood products with preservatives
- Observe equipment, panel indicators, video monitors, and other instruments to detect malfunctions and ensure that processes are operating according to specifications
- Assemble plywood panels and repair plywood and veneer mechanically or manually
- Start up, shut down, set up, adjust and assist in maintaining processing equipment and machines as required
- Complete and maintain production reports.
Wages for Other Wood Processing Machine Operators in Laurentides Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Laurentides Region||10.50||15.43||22.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: