Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who operate processing machines, and package or grade food, beverage and tobacco products. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, fish plants, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and tobacco processing establishments.
HACCP co-ordinator, brewer supervisor, foreman/woman, poultry graders, packaging supervisor, production supervisor – food and beverage processing, supervisor, bottling, supervisor, fish processing, supervisor, food product testers, supervisor, meat packing, supervisor, tobacco processing, supervisor, vegetable packing, team supervisor, flour milling.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who process, package, test and grade food, beverage and tobacco products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Food, Beverage and Tobacco Processing in Laurentides Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Laurentides region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Clôtures Inovart, a new aluminum fence manufacturing company, has recently opened its doors in Bois-des-Filion. The company employs nearly a dozen people and plans to hire more. (available in French only)
- Messier-Bugatti-Dowty, a manufacturer of landing gears, has inaugurated its new plant in Mirabel. Construction required a $58M investment and will lead to the creation of 60 new jobs to its current roster of 265 jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Luxor Collection, a cabinetry manufacturer of Saint-Jérôme formerly known as Luxorama, has recently relaunched its operations and rehired more than half of its 180 employees laid off in December. The company hopes to recall the other employees soon. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- Saputo will proceed with the modernization of its cheese manufacturing plant in Mont-Laurier. The plant, which employs 30 workers, will suspend activities for a few months during renovations. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- A manufacturing plant of factory-built houses has set up shop in Rivière-Rouge, in the Hautes-Laurentides region. Énerco plans to manufacture two houses per month to begin. Five jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- Maison Le Grand will soon move into a new plant in Blainville. The pestos, tzatziki and pink sauce manufacturer will invest from $3 to $4M into this expansion project. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: