Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Process Operators</i> (9232), <i>Chemical Plant Machine Operators</i> (9421), <i>Labourers in Chemical Products Processing and Utilities</i> (9613), <i>Water and Waste Plant Operators</i> (9424), <i>Stationary Engineers and Auxiliary Equipment Operators</i> (7351) and <i>Power Systems and Power Station Operators</i> (7352). They are employed by petroleum and natural gas processing, pipeline and petrochemical companies, chemical and pharmaceutical companies, water and waste treatment utilities and in a range of other industries and institutions.
chemical processing supervisor, foreman/woman, chemical, foreman/woman, cosmetics processing, foreman/woman, natural gas plant, foreman/woman, water purification plant, paint processing foreman/woman, production supervisor, pharmaceuticals, production supervisor, specialty chemicals, steam engineer leader, supervisor, petroleum refining, supervisor, pipeline operation, supervisor, power station, supervisor, sewage treatment plant.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate petroleum refineries, chemical plants, water and waste disposal plants and equipment, pipelines, heating plants and power stations and systems
- Identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Provide information for maintenance plans to ensure that maintenance and production objectives are met
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports and develop and manage operating budget for area of responsibility
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of trades workers, labourers or other workers.
Wages for Supervisors, Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Processing and Utilities in Laurentides Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Prince Edward Island||13.40||23.29||45.91|
- Date Modified: