Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Contractors and managers in this unit group operate establishments that provide agricultural services such as livestock and poultry breeding, soil preparation, crop planting, crop spraying, cultivating or harvesting.
artificial inseminator, crop dusting contractor, livestock breeding service manager, manager, artificial insemination service, manager, crop harvesting service.
- Manage businesses which provide an agricultural livestock service such as artificial insemination, spraying or shearing of livestock or disinfecting pens, barns or poultry houses
- Manage businesses which provide agricultural crop services such as plowing, irrigating, cultivating, spraying or harvesting
- Hire and train workers
- Negotiate with farmers and farm managers regarding the services to be provided
- Maintain financial and operational records
- May participate in the provision of the service or in the operation of machinery and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Agricultural and Related Service Contractors and Managers in Laurentides Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Laurentides Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-01|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Construction work on a new $20M industrial and commercial condo project, Icondo, has recently begun on the Lac Mirabel site in Mirabel. The first tenant companies will arrive in the summer of 2013. (available in French only)
- The Target store chain will be undergoing a hiring period in the south of the Laurentians during the next few weeks in Blainville for its Boisbriand, Saint-Eustache and Saint-Jérôme locations, with the opening scheduled for fall 2013 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The gouvernement du Québec will invest close to $53M in Saint-Jérôme for the construction of a new home-care centre in long-term care for people faced with a loss of independence. Construction will begin in 2015 and the opening is scheduled for 2017. (available in French only)
- The gouvernement du Québec will invest $92M in the construction of a new mental health care pavilion located at the Hôpital régional de Saint-Jérôme. Construction work will begin in 2015 and end in 2018. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Cinémas Guzzo will invest $18M in the construction of a motion picture theatre in Sainte-Thérèse, which will replace the current establishment. The new theatre will have 10 rooms and 2 IMAX rooms. It is due to open in December 2014. (available in French only)
- Clôtures Inovart, a new aluminum fence manufacturing company, has recently opened its doors in Bois-des-Filion. The company employs nearly a dozen people and plans to hire more. (available in French only)
- Messier-Bugatti-Dowty, a manufacturer of landing gears, has inaugurated its new plant in Mirabel. Construction required a $58M investment and will lead to the creation of 60 new jobs to its current roster of 265 jobs. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Maxi supermarket located in the Galeries Laurentides in Saint-Jérôme will move into the space formerly occupied by Zellers in the fall of 2013 after spending over $2M on renovations. The new location offers double the square footage. (available in French only)
- Humani, a private medical clinic offering family medicine services, recently opened in Rosemere. Construction had started in 2012. The facility has hired over 20 people and its offerings include a variety of specialized services. (available in French only)
- An 84-room hotel will be built on the site of the Far Hills hotel in Val-Morin and will include a restaurant and a conference room. The project, which is to cost over $10M, will begin in September and will open in the winter of 2014, creating 80 jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: