Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Carpenters construct, erect, install, maintain and repair structures and components of structures made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials. They are employed by construction companies, carpentry contractors, and maintenance departments of factories, plants and other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
apprentice carpenter, carpenter, finish carpenter, journeyman/woman carpenter, maintenance carpenter, metal framer – carpentry, renovation carpenter, rough carpenter.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
- Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants and other establishments
- Supervise apprentices and other construction workers
- May prepare cost estimates for clients.
Jobs for Carpenters in Laurentides Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 9 job postings in Laurentides Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-06-18||carpenter-joiner||LE GROUPE LAPCO CONSTRUCTION INC.||
|2013-06-18||interior finish joiner||LE GROUPE LAPCO CONSTRUCTION INC.||
|2013-06-12||carpenter-joiner||Les Habitations des Monts||
|2013-06-12||apprentice carpenter-joiner||Les Habitations des Monts||
|2013-06-11||apprentice carpenter-joiner||CONSTRUCTION C.C.L.M. INC.||
|2013-06-11||carpenter, prefabricated structures||OTM MODULAIRE OMNIA TECHNOLOGIES||
|2013-05-27||interior finish joiner||LÉONARD AMÉRIQUE INC.||
|2013-05-24||carpenter-joiner||CONSTRUCTION ÉRIC GRÉGOIRE INC.||
|2013-05-21||apprentice carpenter-joiner||REVÊTEMENT HP INC.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: